Regional Staff Forester
New York Power Authority - Massena, NY , St Lawrence
Starting Date :
To be detmined
Location of job:
Posted By: :
as soon as possible
The Regional Staff Forester manages regulatory compliance with NYPA’s Transmission Maintenance Organization (TMO) responsible for maintaining over 1,400 circuit miles of transmission lines as well as several transmission related facilities. Oversees and manages all elements of the annual work plan, inspection schedule, clearance conditions, imminent threat, State permit regulations, land owner concerns, public safety, contractor work forces, worker safety, and record keeping associated with these assets as associated with the Transmission Vegetation Management Program (TVMP) and is responsible for compliance with NERC Reliability Standards. Requirements are:
- Bachelors of Science in Forestry, Natural Resource Management or equivalent Environmental degree.
- Minimum of 8 years demonstrated progressive electric utility experience responsible for managing an integrated vegetation management (IVM) program over a large geographic area.
- International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certified Arborist and Utility Specialist Certification.
- NYS registered pesticide applicator License in category 6 (utility right-of-ways).
- Training credentials for federal and state regulations in this field.
- Travel required
Contact InformationLewis Payne
6520 Glass Factory Road
Marcy , NY 13403, US