Electric Transmission Project Manager
Western ECI - San Francisco, CA , USE
Starting Date :
Location of job:
Santa Rosa, San Jose, Santa Cruz, San Francisco
Posted By: :
Western ECI is pleased to announce that we are seeking a highly motivated and self-directed Project Manager to oversee electric transmission right-of-way (ROW), integrated vegetation management (IVM), routine transmission pre-inspection operations and other work associated with overhead electric transmission vegetation management within Western ECI’s PG&E contract territory.
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Actively manage Safety Culture
- Oversee routine transmission pre-inspection operations (NERC and non-NERC) as well as transmission ROW and IVM professional services, ensuring compliance with safety, productivity, work quality, and customer satisfaction goals, regulatory requirements, contract specifications, client directives, and contract services, including emergency response.
- Assess, coach, and support Transmission Field Supervisors
- Maintain positive client relations and contractor relations
- Develop and implement strategies for meeting schedule attainment, customer satisfaction, quality control, compliance, and other contract requirements
- Monitor and coordinate staffing levels, equipment needs and candidate recruitment
- Assist on claims resolution
- Contribute to company-wide improvements, goals and procedures
- Analyze and interpret reports related to utility vegetation management schedule, budget, and production targets on transmission projects and ROW services as needed.
- Travel up to 50% of the time throughout PG&E’s territory.
- Degree in forestry, natural resource management, environmental studies (or related field)
- 5 years of utility vegetation management experience
- 3 years of transmission ROW experience
- ISA Arborist Certification (or within 6 months)
- Qualified Applicators License (or within 12 months)
- Utility Specialist Certification (or within 12 months)
- Pest Control Adviser desired
- Project Management experience, including background in budget over-site, resource allocation, & work trends analysis.
- Strong working knowledge of utility vegetation management work practices, IVM principles, proper arboricultural techniques/practices, utility client’s specifications, goals, and requirements, and legal requirements related to line clearance and fire prevention.
- Strong commitment to safety
- Strong background in personnel management
- Strong written & oral communication skills